Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mandurah to Bunbury


Tuesday 6th December


The weather changed abruptly and I awoke to find the sky very overcast. It looked like rain was not far off, but I decided to set off for the next destination, Bunbury, as it was about 110kms away.

The route continued down the Old Coast Road, part of highway 1 which goes round the entire coast of Australia. Once I’d gone a few kms out of Mandurah the road was very quiet. It had a reasonable shoulder anyway so was safe enough to cycle on.



After about 20kms I went over this large bridge, which crosses the Brouard inlet:




After this it was just a straight and rather boring route down the highway to Bunbury, there was nothing worth stopping for. I arrived at Bunbury around 2pm, had a climb up the observation tower for some good views over this large town:




Then it started to rain heavily so I checked into the nearest hotel and took it easy for the rest of the day.
I found out that I had left Perth just in time to miss the worst storm there for many years - I hope the weather improves tomorrow but if it doesn’t, Bunbury isn’t a bad place to hang out for a while.

Todays distance - 117kms.


1 comment: