Sunday, December 4, 2011

Midland to Toodyay

Wednesday November 30th

Leaving Midland about 9am, the route was fairly flat. It led through the Chittering Valley which was dotted with vineyards and orange orchards. I resisted the temptation to call in at every winery and just restricted myself to visiting one, Stringybark winery where I enjoyed a refreshing chardonnay in the 30 degree heat:



Later the route got more hilly but nothing too challenging, despite there being something of a headwind. There was almost no other traffic, and it was superbly peaceful.




The last part of the day’s route went through the Julimar Conservation Park where I’d hoped to see some of the wild flowers for which WA is renowned, however I didn’t see any, perhaps it was too late in the season.


Arriving at Toodyay, the destination for today, I crossed the Avon river.




And minutes later was relaxing in the Freemasons Hotel:




Toodyay is one of WA's oldest towns and has many old buildings:








Total distance today 101kms.

No comments:

Post a Comment